The handlebar is a great place to store large and bulky items such as tents, sleeping bags and clothes. This harness allows large dry bags to be attached and removed quick and easy so you can take them with you to your tent for packing and unpacking. It also features attachment for the additional First in Line – front pocket. The harness also keeps most mud and water from the front tire of the dry bag.
Works with dry bags between 55 and 75 cm (26,5 – 27,5 inches) in circumference such as our two different Handlebar Dry Bag’s
- Continuous straps going around the handlebar and the drybag, this gives unparalleled stability compared to those harnesses that uses separate webbing for the handlebar and the drybag.
- 4-layer construction with 500d Cordura outer, plastic stiffener and closed cell foam inner
- Laser cut handlebar spacers
- Secure handlebar attachments that locks the front dry bag down completely
- Bungee cord to store extra layers conveniently
- Attachment for the First in Line – Front Pocket
- Webbing reinforcement underneath to handle occasional tire hits
- 3M Helicopter tape included to protect your frame from wear
Note! Harness only, dry bags and front pocket is sold separately.
The harness will fit pretty much any bike and any handlebar as long as they don’t run cantilever brakes (the wire gets in the way). The head tube attachment is also movable between different position to allow you to get the perfect fit. Laser cut foam spacers also extends the harness out a few centimeters from the handlebar to allow space for cables and hands.
Using the handlebar harness with dry bags requires adequate space between the handlebar and front tire in order to avoid tire rub. If used together with our Bar Roll dry bags the following clearance is needed between the top of the tire and the handlebar when the front fork is fully compressed:
Regular: 22 cm (9 inches)
Large: 26 cm (10,5 inches)
If you are just at the required clearance the harness have a webbing reinforcement and will handle occasional tire hits but frequent hits or constant rubbing will chew it up and is NOT covered by warranty!
Most products are custom made to order, usual shipping time is less than a week but please allow for up to 2 weeks of production time before the order is shipped in periods of high demand.